My Blog List

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Brief Bio Circuit


Laurie from My Home For The Holidays is hosting a bio circuit blogging event that begins today. It is a way of getting to know one another better.

So here goes !!

I was born in Timmins Ontario Canada, went to French all girl schools they were run by nuns , let me tell you they they would rather you knew your bible than your math.And they were strict!! I still have terrified memories of Sister Beatrice of Rome!!!
I went to school in North Bay as well.

I was the oldest of 4,my siblings are men now.Wasen't easy being the only girl in the family!!
My favorite saying is "How come you have a sister and I don't?"Lame I know.....

Been married now to the same sweet lovable man for 37 years, our anniversary is in December, we have 2 kids , who are adults now.But they are still my babies!!

I am retired , its been 5 years,and my hubby is retired too!
I love to craft I have tried just about everything, what I really enjoy the most is doing pysanky ,my hubby is Ukrainian,and I guess living together for 37 years some of that Ukrainian has rubbed off.

I have done hundreds of eggs and have given so many away.I broke even more!!
I needed a break I was doing so many and stopped for a while, but now I really have a need to get back into it.I miss it .

I want to get into card making and have bought in the last year supplies like you would not believe, but I have yet to make even one card !
I like to crochet too, and I am the designated cat toy maker in the family!!
I read a lot too, a book a day and I love magazines!!

I enjoy the outdoors, I like to go on ATV rides in the country,I go for skidoo rides in winter,I also go to the gun range and target shoot,I have a restricted handgun licence,its just something I enjoy.

I really enjoy blogging, and I like to think I have made many friends here,I can't wait to go check everyone's blog after breakfast,and see what's new and what they are up to today!
I am looking forward to reading about all of you!


If you would like to participate in this event, and get to know more about your fellow bloggers, please contact Laurie at My Home ForThe Holidays and sign up. I look forward to getting to know you all better!

Me age 6 months!!
Mom and I at the train station.
Dad and I
Riding the ATV
At the gun range
On the Skidoo
Yup its a trout!!
Yup its me at every Christmas family gathering I am the MAN!!!
Look at my beautiful pysanky !!!

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your Pysanki, Diane! Why don't you do a tutorial on how to do it? (That is, if you want everyone to know.) Do you use real eggs? I am very curious about this craft. Would love to know more! Now I know why you're so full of spunk: all those brothers!
Brenda

BittersweetPunkin said...

How neat! Love the pysanki! My DH's Grandmother came over from Poland and she had one similar...I have it now.

Loved reading about you and getting to know you better!!

Bella Della said...

You have to tell us more about Pysanki. I don't know anything about it at all and would love to know more.

Fun getting to know you more. Looks like you know how to have fun :) Good stuff!

Kelli said...

I enjoyed learning more about your, Diane! I'm from Ontario, Canada, too. :0)
~Kelli

Nola said...

Your pysanki is soooo beautiful! It never ceases to amaze me how an ordinary egg can be transformed into a work of art. Do you sell them?
I took some photos of my cousin's eggs the other day, I will have to post them some day soon.

LauraJ said...

Well I gotta say that was fun!

SmilingSally said...

You've taught me a new word: pysanky. I'd love to see some individual shots of your eggs.

Hint: Do a post of step-by-step instructions.

Michelle said...

Your pysanki is beautiful, and what a fun word to say! LOL

Alexandra MacVean said...

I would love to learn about Pysanki, too. It was fun reading about you and getting to know you a bit more.

Anonymous said...

Diane,

What beautiful pysanki, and I second the request to know more about making them and their history!!

I also want to thank you for dropping by my new digs with your encouraging words!! :c} Please stop by agin when you have a minute or two. If you come by in the winter you can pretend to be on a mini mind vacation!! :c}

Pattie :c}
Mazatlan Mexico

kenju said...

Your eggs are gorgeous! Thanks for the visit to my blog.

Needled Mom said...

That platter of art is fabulous! You MUST get back into it.

No sisters? My mother was the same way and wanted nothing but a girl with each of her pregnancies. I have to say that sisters were not much fun growing up but are much better when we all got our own places. Now we really enjoy each others company.

Alexandra MacVean said...

Hi Diane. I hope you're having a good week. :)

Salmagundi said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have enjoyed learning more about you; and of course, the eggs are wonderful. Sally

Beth Leintz said...

Love those old black & white pictures and the pysanki- I'm not even sure what it is other than involving eggs- but its beautiful!

Gill - That British Woman said...

I love your pysanki, its a true craft and you have to be an artist to do those.

Great bio, I loved reading all about you.

Gill

ShabbyInTheCity said...

How do you possibly wait until AFTER breakfast to blog LOL?
Teach me more french...and more bible while you are at it...two of my very happy subjects! Je suis ton eleve...(is that right?)
Those ornaments are just gorgeous.
Annnddd I could be a very outdoorsy girl if given the opportunity...Oh...and I have 3 brothers :)

Marilyn Miller said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog today. My daughter and I once took a class on Pysanki, but have not continued with it. The class was fun to do with my daughter.

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Loved getting to know you better. And I have to say, your platter of pysanky is ASTOUNDINGLY BEAUTIFUL. There's no other way to say it....

Kari

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Diane..
Oh what a cool post love the pics and I love all the eggs you do.. wonderful stuff..Great picture of you at the target range(:)You are multi talented girl~!!
yup..the ducky bathrooms are so cute aren't they ..big hugs Patty

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

It was great getting to know more about you! Your pysanki is just beautiful!
Penny

Anonymous said...

Wow! The tray of eggs is impressive!
xoxo
Christine

~Laurie said...

Wow - can you PLEASE post about your pysanki? They are so cool!
Great post and love the pics from when you were a child.
Thanks for participating - I truly enjoyed reading about you.

Ragged Roses said...

What a great post, thanks for telling us a little bit more about you.
Kimx

Linda said...

Hi Diane, loved getting the know you a little better, and enjoyed all the pictures. What a great trout...that is what my hubby would love to catch:)...me too.
Your pysanki are just beautiful...I loved to know more about them. Hugs, Linda

Carole Burant said...

It was wonderful to learn so many new things about you! Like you, I went to French schools and for quite a few years it was a nun who was principal! At least it wasn't all girl schools!! lol I'm also the only girl with 4 brothers and always use to say it was unfair that I didn't have any sisters. hehe I so love the old pictures, what a cutie pie you were as a baby...well you still are! lol xoxo

BetteJo said...

All the bio stuff is interesting, always fun to learn the background of fellow bloggers.
Am quite impressed with the eggs - just gorgeous!

nikkicrumpet said...

I don't even know what Pysanki is...but it sure looks pretty!!! I love reading bios...it gives us such an insight into our friends here in blogland!

Tina Coruth said...

Diane,

What a great post! I love your pysanki. Beautiful! All your photos are beautiful. :-)

Tina

Sue said...

DIANE

I JUST DROOLED WHEN VIEWED YOUR PYSANKI---BEAUTIFUL WORK


SUE

Alice said...

Oh, I loved seeing your photos. The one of Santa made me smile. And your mother, she looks like a movie star in that picture!

Anonymous said...

I love your "as a child" pictures. I could look at black & white photos all day long. :) xoxo, Joanna

Nancy said...

I LOVE old photos! I have done some posts with old photos, too. Felt so good to reminisce!

Beautiful platter full!!!! WOW!!! You have a lot of hours there in your hands, don't you? They are absolutely gorgeous!!!

(((((( HUGS ))))))